Thursday 21 June 2012

Samosa and tea...

It's almost 5;15 pm and the sky is changing it's color from a combination of blue and white to reddish orange. After a hectic college schedule of 10-5 I'm totally exhausted. I barely caught an auto-rickshaw from the college and I get that irritating call! Yeah,that's my room partner (Ankit,whose college timing is 8-3) just woken up after the afternoon sleep.

Me: hello?

RP: Kamine,where are you?

Me: Just left for the room

RP: idiot! Want to top or what? Attending all the lectures..

Me: So will you come and meet the Head of Department the next time my name gets featured in the low-attendance list

RP: Attending lectures for studying or just to fill up the attendance sheet?

Me: You're too dumb to understand that! Or may be you must sleep for some more time

RP: No! Enough sleeping,I want to drink tea,get some tea when you return


Me: I've been paying for the naashta (snacks) for the last two days. I don't have any money


RP (in a friendlier tone): Arey! We will share it! I'll pay for the dinner tonight.


Me (still looking for a better bargain): Leave it! I'll pay for my own dinner. I don't have money to fill up others' tummy!


RP: Don't cry now! I'll get the movie tickets tonight okay? Don-2 is a hit! 


The offer is tempting enough for me! The unofficial peace treaty has been signed between us.


Me: Okay! But I'll get the tea only,nothing else okay?




*second room partner (Gaurav) screams from behind*


RP2: I want to eat samosas. 


Me (to RP1) : You'll pay for it?


RP1: I don't know! Our deal has been finalized okay?


Me: no samosas okay?


I reach the locality till then. Both the room partners fight ignoring that I'm still on the phone. I decide to cut the phone and get the tea! 


The chaiwala (tea vendor) makes the best cutting-tea in the world! I decide to get six glasses of tea. he packs them up in plastic packets. My eyes naturally get attracted to the samosas freshly prepared. "Both the idiots will be hungry!" I feel (yes the softer side always cares for them) . I get 9 samosas packed for them, meanwhile calculating how much money they owe to me!


After 5 minutes of walk,I reach the room. Gaurav opens the door,hungry and frustrated by then. Ankit rather remaining silent, thanks to the deal we already made!


RP2: Some people are too selfish! They're able to pay for the Manchurian balls at the canteen when they are with classmates. Useless people! Can't do anything for the room partners.


*RP1 decides to ignore the conversation and instead pretends to text his girl friend*  


Me: Some people can taunt but can't appreciate their room partners. I brought the tea.


RP2 (frustrated): I'm hungry but who cares,bring the tea! 


I place both the samosa's packet and tea on the table,room partner's frustrated look vanishes after he gets the smell of hot samosas.

RP1: Wow! You brought samosas?

*Ankit leaves the phone in the bed and rushes towards the table. Gaurav blocks him*

RP2: Girlfriend went to sleep or what? Go and cuddle her.

RP1: Jaa na.. we hae equal share,3 each!

We three settle to eat,and the cold war silently comes to an end.

Friends are recognized by the love between them and the selfless help they offer.....but without any doubt, it is these silly fights that bring us closer than ever!

4 comments:

  1. lovely post n do agree all relationships are based on selflessness ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice ! Very True ! !! This Happens with everyone so one can almost think of those Friends !! awesome !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed.. it's lovely to fight and then plan ceasefire :)

      Delete